Friday, December 12, 2008

The 12th Day of Christmas

On the 12th Day of Christmas, we rang 12 bells. Tonight, we made 12 bell ornaments and hung them on our Christmas Tree. We also read a poem called The Christ Bell. My good friend, the semi-slacker mom, sent it to me in an email. I loved the words of the poem and obviously the shape. It, looked like a bell. I'm sure it took someone a lot of time to set it up. I have tried to re-create it here but it won't post in the shape. You will just have to enjoy the words. Our plan for the next few days will be to read each of the verses contained in the poem.

THE BELL
I KNOW WHO I AM
I am God's child (John 1:12)
I am Christ's friend (John 15:15)
I am united with the Lord (1 Cor. 6:17)
I am bought with a price (1 Cor 6 19-20)
I am a saint (set apart for God). (Eph. 1:1)
I am a personal witness for Christ. (Acts 1:8)
I am the salt & light of the earth (Matt 5:13-14)
I am a member of the body of Christ (1 Cor 12:27)
I am a citizen of Heaven. I am significant (Phil 3:20)
I am a minister of reconciliation for god (2 Cor 5:17-21)
I have access to God through the Holy Spirit (Eph. 2:18)
I cannot be separated from the love of God (Rom 8:35-39)
I am established, anointed, sealed by God (2 Cor 1:21 - 22)
I am assured all things work together for good (Rom. 8:28)
I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit (John 15 : 16)
I may approach God with freedom and confidence (Eph. 3: 12)
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil. 4:13)
I am the branch of the true vine, a channel of His Life (John 15:1-5)
I am God's temple (1 Cor. 3:16). I am complete in Christ(Col. 2 10)
I am hidden with Christ In God. I have been justified (Rom 5:1)
I am God's co-worker (1 Cor 3:9; 2 Cor 3:16) I am God's workmanship (Eph. 2:10)
I am confident the good works God has begun in me will be perfected.(Phil. 1:5)
I have been redeemed and forgiven (Col 1:14) I have been adopted as God's Child (Eph 1:5)
I belong to God
Do you know who you are?
I felt like the bell was a fitting way to end our challenge. Bells are rung to announce a major event or occasion. They are rung on both happy and sad occasions. Bells are rung at Christmas to announce and celebrate the birth of Jesus. Today, bells are a common part of our Christmas celebrations. We use them to decorate our homes, sing about them, and festive embellishments on gifts. Christmas bells are such an integral part of our holiday celebration that it is hard to imagine the Christmas season without their beautiful sounds.

No comments: