Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Saddest Day Continued

As my mother and I tried to compose ourselves, thoughts were flooding into my brain, we have to call my aunt, we have to call my siblings, oh no Ne-Ne is out of the country. OH MY GOD, I HAVE TO TELL MY CHILDREN. What words would I use when I made these calls? Do you just blurt it out, "Poppa died this morning", or do you try to start the conversations with "Hey! How are you this morning? I have some bad news...." I decided to just pick up the phone. I guess I just figured the words would come when someone answered. As I made the necessary calls, the siblings, Mouse, the preachers, my dear friends, people started showing up. The same words were spoken by most, "I am so sorry", "What a shock", "How will we ever replace him?" All I could think was, you can't even imagine.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Angela-
When I read your blog and think about what you are going through at this point in your life it makes me sad because I can imagine all that you will now be missing and I know that you are just beginning to live with that. Just know that there is a light on the other side of the tunnel and it might take a while but you will get there.

Love,
Kristy

Unknown said...

I don't know what to say. If I could take your pain away, I would. Losing someone just leaves an awful pain in your heart. My tears are for you. I love you! T

Beckie said...

Angela, I am so sorry. Poppa's absence in this life leaves things a little uncertain for those left who looked to him for guidance. He is the one constant - solid force that has made this life for those who love him a more secure place. What a great man - I will miss his presence too.
Love Beckie