Sunday, January 18, 2009

January 18, 2009

On this 18th day of the New Year, I thought I would take a minute and post what has been happening in our world since the new year began. #1W has been back in school 9 days, attended 8 basketball practices and played 4 games. She has spent the night off twice and been texting like crazy. She has also had no sweets and no junk food as she is participating in the Daniel Fast until January 21 (I'll post more about this soon.) #2W has been back in school 9 days, attended 1 basketball practice and played 3 games. He has been seen in the emergency room once and had one x-ray. No broken bones just sprained tendons. He has played for hours on the Wii and killed 4 squirrels with his BB gun. #3W has been back in school 8 days, read Green Eggs and Ham to his Kindergarden class and has his first loose tooth. He has ridden hundreds of miles in the car and spent several hours attending the #1W and the #2W's practices and games (with no complaints I might add). Mouse has already been on an overnight business trip and has another scheduled for the 1st of next month. He is battling pneumonia which he was diagnosed with last week. He has also attended all the ball games and most of the practices for #1W and #2 and is participating in the Daniel fast. So no meat or sweets since January 1. I have made 20 trips to Westfield. I have been visited by 2 different auditors and attended 5 meetings at school. I have been diagnosed with skin cancer, had a place removed and more surgery scheduled. I have attended all the ball games and practices for the older W's and am also participating in the Daniel fast. Our life is very full these days :)

ps: As I was proofing this post, I realized that the date was the 18th. Poppa has been gone for 6 months today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Skin cancer. What? Ya'll have had a very busy month!

Kristy said...

Isn't it funny how 6 months can pass so quickly and yet it seems like a lifetime of memories that have been missed by someone special that's gone? I know that Poppa is watching over you and keeping up with all that goes on!