Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Yes, I realize that this post should have been made yesterday on the 1st day of 2009. But..... I spent most of the day recovering from our New Year's Eve Celebration. For many years now, Mouse and I have spent New Year's Eve at Natalia's. This tradition, for Mouse and I, started on December 31, 1996. 12 years ago, it doesn't seem possible. I was pregnant with #1W and had received a Gift Certificate for Natalia's from work. We had always been big partiers on New Year's Eve but were looking for something a little more low key for this particular celebration. Even thought it was 12 years and 3 children ago, I remember the night in great detail. (Possibly because I was sober?) I even remember what I wore. Mouse and I had such a great time and decided we should tell our friends and maybe bring a group the next year. And thus, the Natalia's New Year's Eve Tradition was born. We haven't attended every year. I think we have skipped 2. One year, we had a party at our house and one year we stayed at home with our children. But for 10 of the last 12 years, we have watched the New Year come in at Natalia's. The cast of characters has changed over the years and the stories of past New Year's Eve's are full of color and drama but these times spent with family and friends are irreplaceable. This year was no exception. Even though, I spent most of New Year's Day recovering from the all the fun, I am already looking forward to next year. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post! You should have shared some of the drama!!! I had a bad head yesterday too! That was the most I've drank in a while.