Monday, February 16, 2009

Here We Go Again

In 2006, I got the biggest scare of my life. My Ob/Gyn sent me to have a mammogram since I had reached the "over 35 mark." Around our house, we laughed about getting older and starting all those doctors appointments. All that laughter turned to tears quickly, when they saw something suspicious on the pictures. I had to have more pictures taken and eventually a biopsy before it was determined that everything was fine. What they had found were calcifications, and they were not the cancerous type. The whole process took about 4 weeks but seemed like a lifetime. I was scared, probably more scared than I have ever been in my life and was so relieved to find out that everything was fine and has been fine since then, until now... In January, I went for my annual mammogram (see previous post). A week later, I received that dreaded phone call again. They saw something on the x-rays that they didn't like and wanted me to come in for more pictures. I went on Wednesday, had the pictures taken and spoke with the Radiologist. It was like de-ja-vu'. Calcifications....Biopsy....Options....6 months....Surgery. I had really hoped that I wouldn't hear those words again but here they were. I shared with this doctor that there were no options for me, I didn't want to wait at all. I wanted the biopsy as soon as possible and he was glad to hear it. My doctor called me on Friday to share the referral they had made for me with a surgeon and that he would see me on Monday morning. I sat down with the W's and told them the child's version of what was happening. #1W remembered from 2006 but the boys didn't. They are confused and worried about their momma but I reassured them that everything will be OK. What else do you say?
So here we are, Mouse and I met with the surgeon this morning and I am scheduled to have the biopsy on Friday, February 27. And let me say, I am just as scared as I was the last time. We are praying for good news and we ask that you pray for the same. We'll keep you posted...

2 comments:

Amy said...

We love you, Angela! Everything is going to be fine - you are going to be fine. Keep us posted and we will be praying for you.

Unknown said...

I hate that, again! I'm praying for you. And if you want to trade boobies, I will! :)