Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Piglet

The other day I received the strangest phone call I have ever received in my entire life. Mouse was home and the phone had rang several times with this same telephone number. He was screening the calls so the next time the call came in, I took it and this is how the conversation went:

GiGi: Hello?
Caller: Piglet? (Yes, I swear to God that is what he said. The only thing funnier than the word was the strong southern accent he used when he said it.)

GiGi: Excuse Me?
Caller: Is this Barbour Farms?

GiGi: No sir it's not!
Caller: Is this 478-956-****?

GiGi: Yes it is.
Caller: I am so sorry. I am from the Tomato House. I must have the wrong number

GiGi: That's Ok.

I don't think he was from the Tomato House, I think he was from Christopher Robin's Hundred Acre Wood. I can hardly wait until my next trip to Barbour Farms. My sole mission will be to find Piglet.

3 comments:

Beckie said...

Too funny - I think I may know who piglet is!

Unknown said...

That is CRAZY! I believe Warren Young is behind that mystery! I can't wait to share w/ Retro!

Beckie said...

I got a good one for ya Gigi - I just got a call on my cell phone
caller: "Rudolph?"
me: "Uh,no"
caller: "this ain't Rudolph?" "I must have the wrong number"
me: "yes, you must"

where do these people come from?