Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Day in the Life of GiGi

6:00am Wake up. Mouse snoring

6:05am Coffee's On. Turn on Fox and Friends. Good morning Steve, Brian and Gretchen. Fold load of laundry on sofa left from night before. Switch out load from washer to dryer and put load from dryer onto sofa. Turn on oven to pre-heat for breakfast. Put on running clothes wash face, brush teeth. Mouse snoring.

6:15am Coffee's done!! Put rolls into the oven. Fold load of laundry on the sofa. Put both loads into laundry basket to be put away. (Yeah right!)Check book bags. Work on to do list for today. Mouse snoring

6:35am #2W moves downstairs grabs blanket crawls on sofa. I hear #1W upstairs hopefully making her bed and washing her face. Mouse snoring.

6:40am Rolls out of the oven and onto plates for consumption. "Breakfast is ready." I have decided that #3W will stay at home this morning. He has a dentist appointment and I am going to let him sleep. (How 'bout that on semi-slacker?) I call his teacher and she encourages my slackerness. Mouse rolls over, I will go in late so he can stay in bed. "Thanks!"

6:50am The older W's are up at the bar eating with their eyes closed.

Finally about 7:05 we are upstairs getting dressed, brushing teeth and hair. Then it is back downstairs to put bookbags, P.E. bags and football equipment bags into the car.

7:40am Pulling out the driveway to Westfield. Drop the older W's off at 8:00 and head for home to run before I start my 3W Attractions, Inc day. As I walk in the door, Jan calls. She is running a fever and won't be coming in today. So much for the run. #3W is awake and wants food but unlike the other 2 he has already poured himself a bowl of cereal and milk. I praise him for his efforts and suggest that maybe next time he won't need 1/2 of the half gallon of milk in the bowl. I call my guys and give him the list for the morning and start returning phone calls.

10:30am Get dressed, #3W gets dressed and we head out the door to the dentist. It was a quick trip and he was so brave. He wants lunch at BK so we run a couple errands then proceed to BK for some lunch. Since our time is short, we go to the drive thru and head home.

12:30pm Get #3W settled with nuggets and Nickelodeon. Check the messages, return some calls and emails. Layout the weekend. Grab football pants, pack snacks, get soccer clothes and chair for practice.

1:30pm Load up and head to Westfield for trip #2. Check #2W out of school for doctor. appointment. Head to Macon.

2:35pm Arrive at doctor's office 5 minutes late(story of my life). Check up went great. Very healthy 9 year old. Great News!!!

3:15pm Load up and head to Westfield for trip #3. #2W dresses for football practice as we drive down I75. (How'd you like that one semi-slacker?) Drop him off to sprint over to practice 35minutes late. #3W and I wait for Mother to join us to watch practice. #1W is attending a practice of her own. She has ridden over Elko to run the track for her Cross Country Meet tomorrow. Hopefully, she will be back to Westfield by the time football practice is over. My mother and I enjoy watching an exercise in manness with this football practice. I really felt out of place. I thought any minute they might light a fire and start running around it chanting. MEN?

5:15pm Football practice is over. #1W no where in sight. Here she comes. Thank you Kimberly. A mother of 3 is ever so greatful to her friends who help transport her children. It truly does take a village.

5:30pm We jump in the car, Mother's in hers and head out to soccer practice. #1W and #3W are starving and thirsty. We pull into the gas station for some quick snacks (Yes, I did have a bag in my car but I am just now remembering that). Mother runs to the restroom. #3W is dressing for soccer practice while I am in the store. I did have him change while the car is stationary.

5:45pm Arrive at Rozier park on 2 wheels. We dash out onto the field and are loving the bleachers we have to sit on and the only practice field in the shade. Thanks Brad!!!

6:45pm Practice is over. Heading home.

7:15pm Arrive home, unload the car. The big W's start on homework and the little W gets in the shower. I start supper. A new recipe! Really scary at this time of the day. If they don't like it, PB&J's will have to do.

7:45pm Sit down to dinner. No complaints. Thank God!!

8:05pm Dinners over and it's off to the tub. House is on, I hope I can watch the season finale this time around.

8:30pm #3W is down for the count. Only 2 left to go. Work on dinner dishes while watching the last 30 minutes of House.

9:00pm #1W and #2W head upstairs for the first time. 9:15 back again, they need drinks.

9:30pm Finally, they are up and tucked in.

10:00pm Dishes finally finished. Move laundry from dryer to sofa and then switch out load in washer to dryer. Start another load. Sit down beside load on the sofa, lay down on top of load on the sofa. I will fold these in the morning.

10:45pm Mouse says let's go to bed. Another day finished!

PS: I started working on this post at 9:07 this morning and I am publishing it at 8:02 tonight. Apparently, today has turned out just like yesterday. Welcome to a day in the life of GiGi. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

And then I'm sure that Mouse wonders why you might be tired? :)

Beckie said...

I am exhausted just reading!

Unknown said...

My life's crazy enough now. I dread it when they get older & everybody has an activity.

Can you change clothes riding down 75?