Friday, August 29, 2008

Is it hard being the Mom?

After preparing and serving my 3W's a gourmet meal of popcorn chicken and ramen noodles. (Yes, I have discovered that they can be used as a side item not just the entree'), #3W posed this question to me, "Is it hard being the mom?" Before answering, I looked over at Mouse who was looking at me. Both of us thinking, what a deep question for a 5 year old. I quickly answered him, "Yes, it is hard but it's the best job I've ever had." I was rewarded with that beautiful smile only found on the face of an innocent child. Completely unaware that he had just knocked me to my knees with that one. Mouse quickly piped in, "What about the dad?" The other two were quick to add that their mom does the work around our house. #1W said, "She gets up every day and gets us ready for school and she takes care of everything around here. Then #2W added "and she runs our business too." I just stood there speechless and for those who know me best those times are few and far between. Who would ever think that 3 small children could leave their mommy speechless? Not me. I always hope and pray that I will have an answer, maybe not the right one but that I will have something to give them when they come to me with questions. I hope I answered that question tonight satisfactorily. Being a mom is the hardest job I have ever had but I am grateful for every difficult minute of it.

No comments: