Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Birthday, Poppa

Today is the day I have dreaded the most since the funeral. My Poppa would have turned 81 today. Thank God, Mother is in Oklahoma and not here. I'm sure that she is just as greatful as I am for her. I have been thinking the last few days, why couldn't he have been here for just 1 more birthday, 1 more Christmas, 1 more anything. We miss him so much. I wanted to celebrate (what a strange word to use) this day in some way but wasn't quite sure how. He sure never wanted much celebration but I decided that the party is really for the guests anyway. So this evening, after school and basketball practice, the 3W's and I are going to pick up some balloons and head over to his house. We will stand in his yard and sing a very special HAPPY BIRTHDAY, just like we do every year, and release our balloons. I want to mark this day in my mind as well as theirs. They were his world and I don't want them to ever forget it. Until next time.....

1 comment:

Amy said...

Glad you are back to blogging. I know to grab the kleenex before I read yours - happy or sad - I always end up in tears. :)