Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm Back!!!!!

Hello All!!! I am back and hopefully for more that 1 or 2 posts. I have certainly missed out on a lot the past month and there is so much to share about my world that I don't even know where to begin. How about a quick update? Mouse has joined a hunting club and attempting to spend all his spare time in the woods. He's had several Bambi sightings but not 1 kill. #1W finished her cross country season and has moved on to basketball. She is practicing 4 days a week!! She seems to really enjoy it. I am ever amazed at the depth of her young mind. I have a friend whose family is making a trip overseas. She was very concerned about how they were planning on sitting on the plane. Being in a family of five, I guess she knew that someone was going to have to sit alone. After some discussion and the realization that another family member would be traveling with them, she was relieved that all the children would have an adult to sit with. #2W finished his football season with 10 wins and 1 loss and a continuing love for the game. That's always my concern. Is he having a good time and enjoying himself? He is getting ready to start basketball. We are not playing Upward this year. We signed him up to play Rec Ball. Scary!! 3 of his friends are playing on this team with him. He seems to think that they are going to be GREAT! I hated to share with him that this basketball season would be much different from past seasons. I know they will learn so much more by playing in a league where they will face serious competition. A good friend reminded me yesterday that their level of success may not be measured by the number of games that they win. I am looking forward to watching both of them play. #3W finished the Soccer Season undefeated. WAY TO GO SHARKS!! They had their party and got a trophy. He did not enjoy the party as much as he should have. He has not been feeling too good lately and felt really bad that afternoon. He has been to the doctor and hopefully he is on the road to recovery. He was the Soaring Eagle for November and extremely proud of that accomplishment. For those of you who don't know, being a Soaring Eagle is quite an honor. Mouse and I attended the Soaring Eagle luncheon last week to celebrate.

My mom left Friday to spend 3 weeks in Oklahoma. I am missing her but am greatful that she decided to go. She will be spending her first Thanksgiving without Poppa in a new place and with family that she hasn't seen in a while. We enjoy tradition in our family and being here to continue a family tradition without him would have been difficult for her. We are looking forward to Christmas and I am greatful that I will be able to spend the holidays with my children this year. Until next time.......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to see you back online. Check my blog, I gave you an award last week.