Thursday, November 20, 2008

Poppa's Princess

For those of you who don't know us well, the #1W was always Poppa's favorite. He made no bones about it and didn't think that there was anything wrong with the fact that she held the most special place in his heart. Everyone at City Hall called her his princess. She knew it too. Like I told you yesterday, after school, we all gathered in Grammy and Poppa's yard to do our thing. I held onto the balloons while I said a few words and carefully passed one to each of the W's and Mouse. Well before we could start singing, #1W's slipped right out of her hands. The look on her face would have brought tears to even the hardest of hearts. She was frantically searching with her eyes for a look or word to comfort her. I quickly gave her mine and then Mouse, the wonderfully, understanding father that he is, leaned over and whispered to her, "He'll get yours first." And that my friends is the way he would have wanted it. I know he was there with us yesterday and enjoyed our little celebration for him. Until next time....

3 comments:

Beckie said...

very sweet!

Unknown said...

I love Mouse. How awesome! Thanks for the tears. :) Love ya'll!

Anonymous said...

Mouse is father of the year. I agree with Semi-slacker...thanks for the tears. I think of your Poppa often...he is missed so much. Love ya.